"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Casual Beauty





I do not know the name of this woman, but after a long afternoon of drinking with my friends in her bar in New Orleans she was kind enough to help me during my inebriated stupor by packing away my camera and other belongings and even following us out into the street to ensure for our general well-being.


I am a veteran of drinking binges in New Orleans and I cannot think of another instance when someone has gone out of their way to be helpful to one drunk person in a sea of drunken fools.  Not that I was in any great danger of a mugging with my large cache of shirtless, tattooed security forces that look like they fell out of the pages of Easyriders motorcycle magazine.  But anyway, it was a thoughtful and unexpected event.  And I don't think I ever got to say thank you to this stranger who spoke with an alluring eastern European accent.

So, thank you stranger who spoke with an alluring eastern European accent.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP