"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Howdy!

Yeah yeah, I know, it's been a while.  Sue me, I am human.  Mostly.  During the week.  Weekends are a different story however.

So, I'm sure you are wondering what the heck has been going on?  Well, some brilliant person once said, "Same ol' shit, shithead."  I concur.

Same ol' shit.

I have ten cats now.  Did you know that?  Now you do.  We go through 15 pounds of cat food per week and suffer from a endless cascade of injured, decapitated, gutted, bleeding carcaii (probably not a real word, but fuck you anyway).  Various moles, voles, frogs, lizards, geckos, birds, chipmunks, moths, butterflies; if it walks, hops, flutters, flies, chirps, ribbits or makes any other kind of motion or noise it is a victim.  Or soon will be.

What's it like living with ten cats?  I would equate it to living in an insane asylum where everyone dresses and acts like cats.  I spend more time, particularly when alone, making series after series of cat sounds: blurps, mews, growls, hisses, hums and purrs.  I am the keeper of the door as well.  Cat A will approach door, meow, I open it, it sits there for an eternity finally moseying outside, I close the door.  Twelve second later, Cat A returns to the door it just exited, meows, I open the door dutifully, it sits there for an another eternity and eventually, either comes in to repeat the process within the next 4 minutes or turns away and disappears into the infinity of Camp Burning Toast.  Who says you can teach an old dog new tricks?  I've got the door thing down pat.

Well, anyways....I guess I should get some work done.  Even though there ain't shit to do around here after crippling rain over the weekend and ahead of the mid-week holiday.  Hope you all have a good Christmas.

Mine has been great so far, a little early gift for myself. . .although the cats aren't digging it too much.  I suspect it is because they have no rhythm.  Or it could be that beautiful china cymbal that is so loud I have to wear earplugs.  Could be that, but then again, I never seen a cat snapping his fingers.








No PC  – (Thursday, December 26, 2013 at 11:36:00 AM CST)  

How do you know its not just 3 cats taking it in turns to go in one door and out the back (then running round to the front again) .... all part of a cunning trick to get 4 meals each?

The truth is out there my friend LOL .... and a Happy Xmas and New Year to you my man ....keep on truckin (well, 'Cooking With Gas' at least).

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP