"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Friday Night Music. . .

Anyone who knows me knows I'm an avid Rush fan. Ever since I mailed a penny to Columbia House in 1978 and received Rush's 2112 on cassette I've been hooked. Below are a few of my favorite songs from the Rush in Rio DVD.

In all the years Rush has been around they have never toured in Brazil until 2003. They played 3 nights in 3 different cities with the finale being in Rio de Janeiro in front of a crowd of 50,000 plus people. By far the largest crowd Rush has ever drawn. As you can see by the crowd's reaction during the performance of YYZ, Brazilians have been waiting a long, long time to release 30 years of frustration as fans and they were showing nothing but unadulterated, uninhibited, rabid love for the group. I wish I could have been there.

I've seen them several times over the years and a Rush concert in America is nothing like the mayhem in South America. It's more like a funeral. 10,000 inert, geeky guys standing around like, well like geeks, and 1,000 unhappy girlfriends and the coveted rarity that is a girl who loves Rush.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy.



YYZ



One Little Victory



The Pass

Not too shabby for 50 year old men, don't you think?

And below. . .young 20-somethings.



Ain't the intertubersnet great?

Anonymous –   – (Friday, June 20, 2008 at 6:14:00 PM CST)  

Look at those young guys in the last video! Fucking awesome!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP