"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

The Old Days. . .

sometimes seem so far away.


beach sunset
playa grande, costa rica - september 2005

Greasywrench AKA rich b  – (Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 8:51:00 PM CST)  

Hey Brett, thanks for another beautiful desktop background photo. You appear to be quite a good photographer. All of your photos have outstanding quality at full resolution on my desktop.

I use a cheap little twenty dollar pencam to take pics of my garden. What a difference in your work compared to my crappy pics.

BTW, do your friends in Costa Rica ever refer to themselves as Ticos? I had a buddy who was half German and half Costa Rican. He had "Tico" tattooed all over his arms.

The tat I have on my forearm is the Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull. That's the "State" I was in and what I was drinking the day I got it all those years ago. Haaahhahhaah.

Burnt Toast  – (Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 8:02:00 PM CST)  

Greasy, thanks for the compliments! I really appreciate it.

You probably should upgrade, don't you think dude? Actually I had one of those pen cams a few years ago and it worked surprisingly well.

I use a Canon 5D digital SLR. I used to have an EOS Digital Rebel purchased about 4 years ago and it served me well, but I guess too many travels did it in. There is a spider vein crack in the CCD plate and it shows up on every frame obviously. After that happened, I finally decided to upgrade to the upper range "pro" model 5D. I'm thrilled with it. The resolution is outstanding.

I still shoot film from time to time, but in the world of the internet, it's just so much more convenient to shoot digital. If I had every dollar I ever spent on development, I could have purchased 3 Canon 1Ds Mark III's, the "coupe de gracie" if you know what I mean.

Yes, the people down there are known as Tico's. The women are Tica's. And they are a beautiful people and I miss each and every one I ever knew. I never had an enemy down there from the locals. Now, the gringo's on the other hand. . .

Speaking of Tico's just reminded me of a post I wanted to write about our sensitivities to particular words here in the USA. Guess I got work to do!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP