"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Is It Just Me. . .

. . .or are you sick of the Christmas advertisements too?

In the mornings, I watch the same handful of channels, catching up on the news, so invariably I end up hearing the same commercials each day also. Add to that, all the Weather Channel local forecast tunes too. It makes for a tune filled morning of songs that I really don't want to sing in the shower.

But with the compulsive brain I have, I am often victim to random, obscure moments of music in my own head like Bad Boy from Gloria Estefan or one that Beatrice so kindly passed to me, Every Which Way But Loose by Eddie Rabbit. Other songs that make frequent returns to my early morning brain are Too Shy by Kajagoogoo, whatever that is and the famous Talk Talk, by the band Talk Talk from their debut album Talk Talk. Genius.

I don't know why I torture myself so. Maybe it's an illness or I drink too much. Or not enough.

Either way, I can assure the masses of one thing, I will not "give-a, give-a, give-a, give-a Garmin" for Christmas. That bloody song!!!1!!1 Advertisers should not be allowed to bastardize songs such as "Carol Of The Bells" and in my research I find that Celtic Woman has a performance of this nearly 100 year old composition. Another fine reason to ban advertising all together. So, I'll no longer have to tolerate the goofiness of the queer singing and bouncing Celtic women on the television singing Danny Boy. Heavens!!

Facing the goopy condescension of Celtic Woman, give-me, give-me, give-me Insane Clown Posse any day.

Anonymous –   – (Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 4:56:00 PM CST)  

don't forget cowboy's fave..."WE BUILT THIS CITY"

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP