"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Honk Honk!

We have baby geese!

When I got home on the evening of the 22nd, I noticed that the female had moved off her nest, which is not so unusual.  Although she spent most of her time incubating the eggs, at least twice a day she would leave the nest to forage around the pond with the male.  But on Thursday I just knew something was different, so I walked out the the empty nest and found this:


Four empty eggs shells. . .


The female was hunkered down in the tall grass just across from the garden with the male standing dilligently on guard.  It wasn't until Friday afternoon that I caught a glimpse of the happy family scooting around the pond. . .



I apologize for the shakiness of the video, I'll try to get a little better footage of the new family.

Cudi Bug  – (Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 2:43:00 PM CST)  

PaPaw Brett, I love it...they are so precious.....guess that makes Les a great grand pappy.....

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP