"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Flower Power. . .

Last year, I bought this asiatic lily plant for the large barrel on the front porch and it never seemed to progress much once it was planted.  It was blooming when I bought it and immediately dropped the bloooms once I got it in the dirt and I never saw another flower.  Yeah, I was unimpressed.

The lily died off like the other three plants did and much to my surprise after wintering over, three of the four plants returned this year, with the lily leading the way in growth and healthiness.  It has literally bloomed overnight and this year was the first time I was able to enjoy the fragrance and the remarkable beauty of the flower.  I wish the internet had "smell-o'-net" because you would love it!  I'm thinking about planting some more this year simply to enjoy the complex scent of this lovely variety.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP