"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Home Sweet Home. . .

Just got back from a BBQ party out at the Reservoir, so i'm feeling nappy, hot and drunk.

I haven't seen some of these friends in years and there were a few folks there who I could continue to live without.  The BBQ was marginal, the potato salad had too much Miracle Whip in it, but on the bright side the beer was cold, the sun was hot and my cold yellow wax bean and green bean salad with gorgonzola cheese and toasted cashews was a hit!  6 out of 10 patrons had no idea what gorgonzola was.

I was having a pretty good time until a long married couple got into a literal knock down drag out fight which kinda ruined the fun for everyone.  Somebody got into the tequila a little too profundo and then the name calling started. . .it was all downhill after that.  I had second thoughts about going already and I should have heeded the omen of stepping into the shower this morning with my ankle socks on.

*sigh*

Ah well, just waiting for the sun to set now so I can crank up the fire barrel and howl at the moon!  One man parties are so much less dramatic and emotional.

CAPTAIN THURSTON  – (Monday, May 31, 2010 at 10:15:00 AM CST)  

You lost me at "the potato salad had too much miracle whip in it". I can't begin to start with that.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP