"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

The Purpose. . .

There are defining moments in life when the great questions of the heart are answered in the blink of an eye and when you least expect it, and only those with their eyes wide open will ever see the real truth, however fleeting and painful it may be to comprehend.

It is all too easy to walk through life disaffected and detached from sheer reality, harboring a weakened sense of right and wrong through darkened, convex, tunnel vision.  Admittedly, I am one of those people.  The day to day, run of the mill happenings in life get jumbled together into a melange of indistinguishable grays, an amorphous form, a muddied vision, opaque and obtuse.  The highlights and everyday victories are muted, hidden, and cloaked.  Even the sharpest mind can fall victim and I am no exception.

Clearly, life will gently nudge you along as a blue sky beacons overhead, but all you can absorb in your reluctance are the non-existent dark clouds over the horizon, the dolor and the desolation.  And then one day, it's as if your eyes have been polished with a laser and the whole garbled, technicolor mess of realism crashes down on your brain with the unrelenting and unkind force of raw emotion.  A heavy cost.

Life is how you live it.  Not what is given to you, but what you earn and the pain that comes when something important is taken away.  Who wants to wake up everyday with the coulda, shoulda, wouldas pounding your hypothalmus like a unstoppable jackhammer?  It is no way to be.

Life is how you live it and who you share it with.  And life is definitely worth living, you only have to open your eyes to see the glory of it and of those around you.  Every step we take in life is littered with the castings of decision-making, some decisions meet with success and others meet with utter failure.  Some decisions are purely out of our control and made for us, the best we can do is fight the trend, struggle with the aftermath and learn from the experience.

My eyes have been opened and I am grateful to see.

Greasywrench AKA rich b  – (Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 12:42:00 AM CST)  

Put a tube in that tire Toast. That ought to take care of it.

Oh yeah, I watched the Boston/Clevland game tonight and the Cavs ain't looking so hot. L.A. vs Boston in the finals maybe for a rematch? Then again, maybe I'm counting chickens just a bit too early.

Burnt Toast  – (Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 7:24:00 PM CST)  

Greasy, I was doing 78 m.p.h. when that baby let out and if it weren't for the glory of the Lord, Our Savior, I'd just be another stat.

The ass end of the truck let loose and I found myself sideways in front of an 18-wheeler. He passed so close behind me when I went off the road I could see every scratch and ding on the side of his cab. He was nice enough to get stopped and backed up down the shoulder to check on me.

I must have a little kitty cat in my soul or something and I am damned grateful to be alive.

It very well may be the Lakers/Celtics this year, but if I were a betting man, I'd take the Lakers and I know you are!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP