"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

TGIF. . .

The weekend is almost here and a well deserved rest is in order for everyone. How we keep our work ship afloat is a miracle beyond description.

All things being equal, we are on par to have our best year of business in almost 40 years of doing this insanity. I guess that is a wonderful thing in light of the current economic conditions, but the crux of the matter will be how to hang onto that money in the ugly face of higher taxes and greater regulation. Thanks Obama, you moron!

On a sadder note, I murdered a cardinal this morning driving the old country road from home. The Lord, or evolution, depending on your point of view, gave birds the "gift of flight" but didn't give them the gift of "get out of the way."

Everyone that knows me knows that I am a lover of all creatures great and small, except cockroaches because they are the work of the devil, and it pains me to see suffering and death. But I try to temper that with the 17 healthy and happy cardinals mixed among the population of various jays, dove and rufous towhees I saw eating dinner at the bird feeder last night behind the house. I suppose some have to pay the ultimate price, as we all do, I just don't want to be the one exacting that ultimate tax on life.

I spend an inordinate amount of time capturing and setting free the various critters and insects that I see trapped and struggling against eventual death and I don't hunt or even keep the fish I catch. Maybe I am the unevolved one in this grand scheme we call "life." Oh well, someone has to care, might as well be me, even though it is a taxing pursuit.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!





- Sent from my iPhone

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP