"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Culinary Roots. . .

There are some foods that bring me immense satisfaction. I like well prepared sushi as much as I like venison tenderloin wrapped in foie gras mousseline served with a mustard-lavender demi-glace. But an all-star favorite is the simple peasant food simply known as red beans and rice.




Slowly cooked and a small portion of the beans pureed to give a nice creamy body, red beans and rice will always bring a smile to my face and tummy.

Traditionally eaten on Mondays in New Orleans, the rice and beans served together provide a complete protein for your nutritional needs. And it just tastes damn good!


- Sent from my iPhone

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP