"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Feeling. . .

I am lucky, very lucky.

Sometimes it's really easy to work yourself into an unhappy place, a place where you feel that you are battling for all it's worth against the unseen, the imagined, the intangible forces of an unfair life.

But this morning I realize that I am very lucky and fortunate to be surrounded by people who care for me and are interested in my personal well-being.

I was driving through West Jackson this morning and saw someone intentionally try to run over a cat that was crossing the road. Luckily, the little kitty made it. And as I turned the corner, I saw this guy who I've seen a hundred times walking down the shoulder of the road to the bus stop. I've seen him there before, an older, odd-looking, dwarfish fellow who is always lugging around a huge duffle bag half his size. I thought, "Gee, I could be him or I could be that cat." In either case, totally at the mercy of a very cruel and unforgiving world.

But I am not them, I am me. I have talents, intelligence and a broad mind, which I like to share in this space. But more importantly, I have people around me who encourage and appreciate who I am as a person. This, in effect, proves that I truly have the world on a string and I can be and achieve anything I set my spirit to pursue.

Thank you all you good folks. I don't know what I would do without you, but today I feel like I can sheath my sword and stop the battle, even if only for a moment.

- Sent from my iPhone

Jenny  – (Friday, September 10, 2010 at 8:41:00 AM CST)  

We're still waiting for you to come visit. :) I know Gladdis would be happy to have his ol bud around more often.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP