"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

McScrewed. . .

Anyone who reads this blog knows that I have a real problem with the fast food industry, in particular, this McDonald's that is around the corner from my office. It is the poster child for ineptitude, bad attitudes, ignorance and general dysfunction.

But recently, they demolished the old building and reconstructed a new, modern restaurant complete with dual drive-thrus. I can't even begin to fathom the mayhem as two lanes of cars and their corresponding orders try to merge together in an efficient manner. This, in a town where people still cannot negotiate a roundabout without going the wrong way, should lead to some entertaining low-speed incidents in the drive-thru. I am almost tempted to go over one day during the lunch rush hour to watch the madness. I'll have to remember to put the .357 back in the truck though.

This morning I decided to try the "new" McDonald's to see how this new facility functions. Sadly, I was quickly reminded of the old saying, "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose." The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I was greeted by a grim-faced, thankless, woman at the window who took my money and although the second window worker smiled, she had nothing to say. She forgot to give me a straw.

I stepped out of the boundaries of my normalcy and ordered the two breakfast burrito combination. Just wanted a little something different. What I got was garbage and the following photograph fills me with confusion.




I ordered this at 6:10 this morning and the labeling says that it's usable until 10:10. The first burrito I had to bite the crusty end off like I was pulling the pin from a WWII hand grenade and even though I was assured there was picante sauce in the bag, guess what? Crackers apparently don't deserve no hot sauce. I didn't even try the second one and I ended up tossing it to a stray dog I saw on a jobsite. Maybe his strong canine jaw could handle the concrete tortilla.

*sigh*

Yep, it's true. The more things change, the more they stay the same.




The new sign out front is offering employment opportunities, so if anyone is interested in working at a fast food joint, where apparently no one gives a shit, pass by one day for an application. And don't forget to frown a lot. I think that is the first job requirement. The second being, don't let a minute go by without screwing everything up totally.

- Sent from my iPhone

Anonymous –   – (Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 12:01:00 PM CST)  

I have seen many times in the fast foods of the deep south. First 6 months the owner is anxious, the staff is happy and the food is...well, fast. So soon though, the staff finds bigger and better deals (because they are worth it) and are replaced with 2nd string. These are the ones that have realized that it is YOU who are causing them to work extra and if YOU would just leave them alone they could continue the chat session in the kitchen. Regardless of the establishment profitting or not they do not care. They leave that place in worse shape and move on to other food places because now they have "experience". And so, due to the "lets lower the bar" attitude, they become traveling markers of a decline that is inevitable. And I am still waiting for that #$%5 Big and tasty combo.

Jenny  – (Friday, September 10, 2010 at 8:38:00 AM CST)  

This has become the norm for McDonalds which is why we do not frequent them any longer. The kiddos like other places more than McD's!!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP