"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Hey assholes

You know those big fucking signs in the highway that say slow the fuck down and drive at least 40 miles per hour slower than you are willing to go?
They ain't just out there for looks.

Outback Willie –   – (Thursday, December 26, 2013 at 4:27:00 PM CST)  

Is this what you do these days? I saw that you changed vocations?

Burnt Toast  – (Friday, December 27, 2013 at 8:22:00 AM CST)  

Changed vocations a few years ago, which involves returning to the family business. Now that dad is gone, it's just my brother and myself, and 20 child-like employees.

How are you, Willie?

Outback Willie –   – (Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 5:19:00 PM CST)  

Doing well mate. Sorry I have not kept up with your blog. I thought you had stopped so didn't notice when you restarted until I went on the pom blog ....

To be honest cobber I enjoyed it when you talked about stuff. Links with no explanation or comment is not a good format my friend.

I was a short order cook in Alice myself, which is why I landed on your blog. Oddly I am now doing something different as well. The world catches up I guess.

Burnt Toast  – (Monday, December 30, 2013 at 10:11:00 AM CST)  

Cooking is a glorious science and art, but also a gateway to burn out, drug and alcohol abuse, and quashes any fleeting ideas of having a normal life. It is all-consuming.

I prefer and am much more accustomed to a daylight to dark job as opposed to the opposite. Nevertheless, I still enjoy cooking and it is even more enjoyable to do it without the constant stress of the professional kitchen.

As for the short posts, those are simply filler until I can get around to writing profound and often personal things. I appreciate your criticism on that.

Outback Willie –   – (Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 5:57:00 PM CST)  

Man, I wasn't having a dig, short posts are good, but a little explanation about where links are pointing make a difference.

I will look by again, but in the meantime good luck for the future mate.

Burnt Toast  – (Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 8:45:00 AM CST)  

I know you weren't digging at me. If more people could value outside opinion without taking it as personal criticism the world would be a much better place.

Hope all is well on the bottom of the Earth and Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP