"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

I Can See For Meters And Meters And Meters. . .


I took this photo today while exploring unknown territory somewhere near the tri-border area of Rankin, Copiah and Simpson counties. I'm pretty sure I was in Ranking County at the time, but the honest truth was I had no idea where the hell I was.

I traveled several miles of dirt road before finally returning to paved road, which you can see on the right of the frame and I was grateful. I don't ever get lost because I believe all roads lead to somewhere I know, however when in backwoods Mississippi, no cell phone, running on my spare tire already and nothing but deer camps, pines trees and an occasional "un-cultured fellow" on the porch of some shack. . .even I get a bit unsettled.

This, all in an effort to find a "shortcut" home. It took me 45 minutes longer than staying on the county highway.

But the view was awesome.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP