"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

One Of The Most Beautiful Things. . .

. . .happened today.

Stuff got done.

Yes, believe it or not, in my simple little world of construction, stuff got done. And I am happy. I think I deserve a beer and a pat on the back. Congratulations me, you did great. Thanks.

Tomorrow I expect to have another chance at greatness and should I not be given the opportunity, then fine I'll accept it. For now anyway. Dogs can't have their day every day you know.

In the morning I get to go to one of my favourite places in the state. We are going to the Stennis Space Center where the bulk of the rocket testing for NASA for over 40 years has taken place. Some many years ago we worked on the original construction of the some of the more recent test stands and although I've never seen a rocket tested up close, I have been on the campus when they fired one off. You could see the white smoke rising above the pine groves in the distance and the rumbling was phenomenal. Neat stuff.

Years ago, on the wall at the check-in center, there was a huge color enhanced satellite image of the mouth of the Mississippi River at Empire, Lousiana and it just fascinated me to no end. The detail was just incredible. If I remember correctly you could see the city of New Orleans also, including the Superdome. I love stuff like that.

Paint me what I am, a nerd.

I think you can buy those photographs and I've always wanted to, but never have.

I've also always wanted to buy a tow trailer, build an enclosed kitchen on it, call it "The Joint", and travel across country from festival to county fair to roller derby selling good food to strange people and making a documentary about the experiences/hijinks.

I would call the film, The Joint: Smokin'.

I have yet to get around to that either. Maybe I'm just too damn lazy.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP