"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Tuesday's Zen. . .

My New Year's Resolution is. . .well honestly, I don't have one. And who cares really!

Maybe this year I will engage in more positive thinking. Like I'm positive that today will be terrible great, I mean. See, it's easy.

Normally on a Tuesday I'd be ranting about some world injustice, some infraction against my sensibilities that I find unacceptable, but from now on I will hate tolerate ignorance as I never would have before.

Take for example the City of Jackson, Mississippi. Once deemed the "Bold New City" now it can be called, "The Place Where You Don't Need a License to Operate a City Vehicle." Or, proudly we can proclaim that Jackson is "The Place Where We Spend $84,000 on Bus Tires that No One Can Find." Or the two I like most, "Jackson: We Have 29 Missing Police Cruisers! and Jackson: Free Gas?? Lemme Get My Fa-Shizzle!"

Ah Jackson. Once a fair city of diversity. Now, a bloody war zone run by crooks and criminals, saturated with cronyism, nepotism and irresponsibility. A bloody joke. The people that are running this city are getting what they deserve, in spades. You wanted it, now's it yours. Run with it. Or run it into the ground, whichever comes first.

On a happier note, let's all give a slap on the back and a kind word to Greasywrench, who today faces his own confrontation, with the city of Long Beach, California. Good luck buddy, I know you'll do well!

From today's Zen Calender:

"Meditation is not a means to an end. It is both the means and the end." - Krishnamurti

Uh. What?

Greasywrench AKA rich b  – (Tuesday, January 6, 2009 at 9:39:00 AM CST)  

Thanks for the plug Toast. It's 7:30, I,m having coffee and reading the blogs (yours obviously right now) and watching the clock.

Anonymous –   – (Tuesday, January 6, 2009 at 10:16:00 PM CST)  

nice post. keep it up. My research my bring me back to you.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP