"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Thank You Goracle!

Well, the weather folks predicted it and for a change they got it right! Last night's snow began around 9:30 and it hasn't stopped yet. I have developed a highly scientific and proven method for measuring the accumulated snow by elongating my index finger and sticking it through the snow. According to my grueling and exhaustive mathematical analysis my estimation is roughly 4 inches, give or take two, but the snow, she keeps a falling.

Let's have a look around, shall we?



Wildcat was fired up about the snow and he led the way dashing and charging around like his tail was on fire.  He saw some snow earlier this year and last, but not quite so much.  I would imagine it's quite cold to his little kitty feet.



A good coating around Camp Burning Toast today.  I don't think I'll be slipping out on the water for a little fishing.  Fishcicles for everyone!




Above is a closeup of snow on a tiny branch.  The snow is absolutely perfect for snowballs and snowmen, it's dry and crispy, well, if snow can be described as crispy.  Crunchy, I guess is a better description, but what the hell do I know.  Snow is as foreign to Mississippi as fried okra is to Norwegian shoemakers.


Can't have a good snow without making a snowman, right?  I've named him Hercule.

Why?  Well, because it's his name damnit!  Don't mess with Hercule!  See that 1000-yard stare?  Dangerous I'm telling you.



Here is a nice view of the house across the pond.  Looks cold doesn't it?  I think the high today is 36 and currently it is 33.  The snow is still falling and the flakes seem larger.


What's a good snow party without a couple of Canadian geese, eh?  Certainly quieter without them.



Well, Wildcat, what do you think of all this global warming business?

"Nom, nom, nom. . ."

Neshobanakni  – (Friday, February 12, 2010 at 11:00:00 PM CST)  

Our kitty likes it but the little dog, not so much. They're both house-bound, the poor little bastards.

Greasywrench AKA rich b  – (Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 10:00:00 AM CST)  

Damn Toast - you ought toss a couple of Trout or Salmon in that pond now that it's nice and freezy. I have to drive a hundred miles or so from my house to see the white stuff.

As far as cats and snow, my big Tabby Male is a Maine Coon mix. He's got those little tufts of fur on his paws and feet and furry britches on his backside. I bet he would love the cold.

And still no comments from Al Gore?

Burnt Toast  – (Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 11:41:00 AM CST)  

Captain, Wildcat just showed up at the house one day as had my other two cats previously. I've had a revolving door of animals around here for years.

As for the fishing Greasy, there are some rather large bass in the pond and scads of bream and a handful of grass carp. It was stocked about 8 years ago and we've caught two 11 pound and one 13 pound bass. And actually, they'd probably be biting, even in this cold weather, I'm just not dedicated enough to stand out there in the cold.

Two out of the three cats are enjoying the snow, only Little Miss Fussbudget Bobcat is not digging it. She's too much of a girl I suppose.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP