"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Disappointing. . .

Much to my disappointment Friday evening I found out that The Beacon, a dumpy, low-roofed roadhouse near Terry has been closed.




It has been a long time since I went there and the last time I have vague remembrances of drinking Jim Beam with a crusty old bastard named Pepper. I can drink a variety of liquors without large-scale impact, but whiskey is not an agreeable option. I think I slept in my truck for a while until I finally meandered my way home.

I guess all good(?) things must come to an end and I am sad to see another long-standing, true roadhouse saloon disappear into the foggy haze of history.

Goodbye Beacon.




- Sent from my iPhone

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP