"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Hotter Than Hades. . .

The devil has been let loose on Mother Earth today. It's not even
Ten o'clock yet and the heat is absolutely scorching! The expected high today is 103 with heat indices in the 110 to 115 range.

As I watch others work this morning I can tell that everyone is moving at a decidedly slower pace. And people think we move slow because we are stupid, but really it is survival. Or maybe we are stupid for working like animals in such conditions.

On the bright side, the consumption of adult beverages that I partook in this weekend is slowly being leeched from the body and it feels wonderful. By Friday I'll be ready to visit with the gang at the local watering hole; refreshed, redeemed and rejuvenated.

If I can only hold on until Friday. . .or maybe Thursday.


- Sent from my iPhone

Greasywrench AKA rich b  – (Monday, August 2, 2010 at 9:34:00 AM CST)  

One more reason to love the state I hate, Kalifornia. We haven't had three days over ninety degrees here in San Pedro all Summer. I realize I'm only three blocks from the Pacific Ocean but this is the coldest Summer of my life. Global Warming My Ass!

Burnt Toast  – (Monday, August 2, 2010 at 9:49:00 PM CST)  

I can't argue with you there, California has beautiful weather, when it's not on fire or rumbling to the ground.

Hey man, I am glad to see you are alive and kicking still. I am sorry to hear about your health troubles, but it's never too late to start taking better care of yourself. Don't be striking out to the netherworld so quickly bud, your work here is hardly done.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP