"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Brilliant Madness!!!!

Watch and weep you second rate drummers of the world!! Long live Vadrum!!



Look for him on YouTube, he plays a great Super Mario Brothers

Greasywrench AKA rich b  – (Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 10:58:00 PM CST)  

Sounds like you're a drum connisouer (spell check) toast. My favorite drummer is Kenny Aronoff. He's played for Mellencamp and John Fogerty along with a host of others. I guess he's really a session drummer but he's awesome (RIP Keith Moon) but then again I'm an old fuck and out of touch with new rock.

Burnt Toast  – (Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at 9:12:00 PM CST)  

I like Kenny. Longevity is a sign often overlooked for nondescript fellows such as him. He's been around for a looooong time and for good reason.

My personal favorite and long time superhero/idol is Neil Peart from Rush. I'd pay an insane sum of money to spend an afternoon with the guy shooting the shit and drinking a beer or two. When I was a kid, like 1978 or so, I sent a penny in to Columbia House and one of the albums I got was Rush's 2112. Shortly thereafter, my best friend's brother had a drumming magazine with a picture of Neil and his kit at the time. It had EVERYTHING you could imagine. Tubular bells, blocks, cowbells, chimes, glockenspiels, a huge gong and every size drum on the planet. I was hooked instantly and became a lifelong fan.

I guess one my "modern" favorites is Keith Carlock, who has been touring with Steely Dan recently. Check him out on YouTube. He is the master of "the groove".

Another would be the guy from Tool, whose name escapes me. I call him "The Octopus" because it sounds like six of seven arms playing the kit at the same time. He's just phenomenal.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP