"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Politics 101. . .

An interesting photo montage with a political message and another damn good reason to post a Steely Dan Song.



Long live the Dan!!

Greasywrench AKA rich b  – (Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 11:05:00 PM CST)  

Awesome. Steely Dan is at the top of a very short list of my all-time favorites. My friends and I still argue about the meaning of some of the lyrics years later.

If you ever listen to "Turn That Hearbeat Over Again" try and figure it out what they're saying.

Burnt Toast  – (Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at 11:59:00 AM CST)  

My friends and I do the same. Well, really only one friend, the rest don't appreciate the quirk that is Steely Dan Music.

When Nils and I worked together in my kitchen we would listen to the Dan constantly. So much so, that right on cue, all of our Central American employees, in sync, would belt out "I never kneeeeeww you, you were a roller skater" the instant the line came up in "Everything You Did". For some of them, it was the only English they knew.

Good times! Isn't that right Nils?

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP