"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Excuse Me. . .

I believe you have my stapler.


This is MY stapler and I love it. It's an Ace Fastener Company Model No. 102 made in good ol' Chee-ca-go, Illinois, USA.

This stapler was originally manufactured in the 1940's and the patents listed on the bottom date back into the 1930's. I have no idea how old it truly is, but I love it! There is no doubt it's an old workhorse and it operates nearly as well as it did when it was new presumably. I've never had any troubles with it.

I guess the biggest reason that I like it so much it that it has a very distinct sound when you ball up your fist and rap the hell out of it in anger, like I did yesterday. The machine generates a good solid thud on the desk and an added bonus is that the sound completes the deception that I am really busy with my work. Dagwood Bumstead ain't got shit on me.

I'm sneaky like that.

dave in boca  – (Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 6:33:00 AM CST)  

Good post. I lived in Chicago a decade & loved it.

Remember the guy with the stapler in the movie by Mike Judge?

"The Office."

Guess I'd better not get you mad!

Burnt Toast  – (Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 8:41:00 PM CST)  

Yeah, what a classic character he was!

I'd love to go to Chicago. The food, the blues clubs. . .just doesn't get much better. Oh and a Cubs game at Wrigley. A trip of a lifetime for this old baseball fan! Hey, it's Lower Wacker Drive!

Thanks for stopping by Dave. You and your Coon cat are always welcome.

BTW, how's Boca these days? Myself and my buddy Nils used to live in Palm Beach when we were in culinary school down yonder. Good times.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP