"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Starting From Scratch. . .

Don't have much to say this morning, so I'm just gonna ramble a bit.

The three cats are beginning to coexist on rather peaceful terms. Wildcat and Black Kitty still haven't buried the hatchet, or in their case, the claw, but at least they can hang out in the kitchen without too much disturbance. Wildcat still gets bent when he sees Black Kitty, but not to the extent as before.

Bobcat? Well, she's always on her own agenda and a quick hiss puts an end to any aggression by Wildcat. She's a lady, but she's red-headed too. That must explain that.

Today at work, before I can get through the door and turn off the alarm, the phone is ringing. And guess what? Employee X's baby is sick, so he will not be able to attend his salaried position at work today. No big deal. Moving along.

. . .2 seconds later. . .a cell phone call. . .

Employee Y has another 'meeting' this morning and I'll remain vague on what it's about because I'm not here to spill the personal beans of anyone, but let's just say that Mr. Y had half a day off yesterday for said meeting, was three hours late on Monday and about 45 minutes late yesterday. Add these to the long list of "shit I gotta do" on our dime, like meeting with the bank, paying an electric bill and/or picking up the old lady, fixing her flat tire, a leak in the pipes of my trailer, you name it, these are all interchangeable excuses. I suppose he figures his position is solid within the company and feigned surprise this morning when I lashed into him saying, "we have to work sometime 'round here!"

Guess he hasn't paid much attention to the news lately. Everyone is tightening their economic belts and he appears to be standing outside the loop.

I had a premonition this morning of phone calls such as this. I also had a premonition of eating a greasy, delicious hamburger too, even though I'm on a diet and have been bringing my lunch to work every day. Healthy stuff like low-fat soups, oatmeal, V-8 to drink. 5 pounds lost so far.

However, it's hard to eat your lunch when it's sitting on the counter at home. Boy, that burger is gonna be muy rica!

And just a flash of a memory reminds me of how good a plate full of gallo pinto and Salsa would be with some undercooked tocineta and rubbery heuvos revueltos. What do you think Nils?

Cudi Bug  – (Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 8:54:00 AM CST)  

Hey now, calm down....at least you have one loyal tech..hehehe...He just can't remember his phone, keys, lunch, wallet, watch, bracelet, sunglasses, ass....all in the same morning...I have a checklist by the door.....but he loves y'all.....have a great day!!

Anonymous –   – (Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 9:45:00 AM CST)  

funny u should ask...last nite I threw together a version of GP tought to me by my Hatian cousins in Florida. the GP was a side for Flim P.'s famous enchildas gringas. i also created a velveeta and LGL inspired cheese sauce. BTW, good reviews from the recipients of the LGL handouts. as far as the rub-ry tocineta, no thanks!!-NG

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP