"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

It's Friday Afternoon. . .

. . .and. . .

And later, I expect to be two dozen miles south and east, drinking Heineken, sipping some Jagermeister and occasionally firing my .357 magnum from the front porch.

Hey, I've gotta celebrate for Obama somehow.

Any other suggestions?

Greasywrench AKA rich b  – (Friday, October 9, 2009 at 3:49:00 PM CST)  

Let's post some Obama Nobel Peace Prize jokes Toast. They're already making the rounds on the net as I type. All I can do is laugh at this ridiculous selection.

As far as Heinekens and Jagermeisters - that sounds good. Myself.... I've gone three weeks now with nothing but food and water. Time to pull a cork....

Anonymous –   – (Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 3:46:00 AM CST)  

"Any other suggestions?"

Yes, but I'd get a visit from the Secret Service.

Burnt Toast  – (Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 7:34:00 AM CST)  

I hope both of y'all had great weekends. I spent Friday evening draining the gas from the emergency generator, all the while draining a few other liquids out of different and various green bottles.

Anyway, the new generator has not been running well lately. Thought maybe it was some bad gas or water in the gas tank. I get the damned thing drained and pack it in around 11 p.m. when things are becoming a bit blurry. . .

The power shut off at 4:30 in the morning naturally, so had to scramble around to refill the tank and the thing still ran like hell. Useless.

Sunday, broke the machine down and started at square one. Turns out it was a dirt dauber nest clogging up the air intake and a fouled spark plug, but mostly the nest.

Pesky bastards. But then I read that a particular variety of dirt daubers like to feast on immature black widow spiders and I am glad for that because I found a huge black widow while working in the garden Sunday afternoon.

Funny how life can be so. . .random. And it all started while I was drinking beer and Jagermeister on the front porch. . .

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP