"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Feeling It. . .

Mark this one on your calender. I am sick, but thankfully it's not the cooties known as the flu. Just some irregular cold virus which is giving me fits in my throat and now down into my lungs. I'll spare you the gory details.

The upside to all of this is not having to work. We've had a rash of absences and illnesses around the office and I guess it was simply a matter of time before an employee passed off some spore onto my mucous membranes. I haven't missed a day of work from illness in over three years and I take pride in my fortified constitution when it comes to battling the unseen, microscopic monsters of our world.

Nothing says good times like Nyquil, but the downside of that is my brain power has been diminished and this irks me because I have nothing but free time on my hands. I've tried writing some blog posts excoriating the Democrats, Prez-dent Obama and Congress in general for the last few days of melodrama I've been reading about, but I can't seem to get anything reasonably coherent into pixels.

Alas, I'll draw another swig of the lovely Nyquil and as it sloshes around in my mouth, I cannot ignore the subtle reminders of Jagermeister. The similarities are uncanny. Although, I've never woken up keeled over in the snapdragons while taking Nyquil.

jill  – (Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 11:44:00 AM CST)  

Sorry you're sick, but I'm lol-ing about the snapdragons.

Lemme see, what's a good thing to do when you're doped up on Nyquil? My sick daughter spent yesterday watching Dick Van Dyke dvds. We also traditionally break out Jeeves&Wooster, All Creatures, and even The Rifleman when the kids get sick (though the last will give you a headache because some genius decided to put the dozen rifle shots from the show's opening into the menu). But the Rifleman rocks.

Burnt Toast  – (Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 3:58:00 PM CST)  

Thank you for the well wishes.

You know, I've never seen Jeeves & Wooster, but speaking of great British comedies, I'd just about kill to see some episodes of "Are You Being Served?"

I can remember tuning those in on a terrible and tiny black and white television in Jamaica when my mother was in the Peace Corps. What a fabulously funny program!

The Rifleman did rock and as for All Creatures, I'd rather read the books. Those were something else I grew up on and the television show, although wonderful, never matched my own imaginative creations while reading James Herriot's adventures.

Right now, in between episodes of pissing myself off with live cable news and bouts of news gobbling on the internet, I'm passing the time with this book. A great read.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP