"Americans used to say where there's a will, there's a way. Nowadays, it's where there's a pill, there's a way out." - - Burnt Toast

Won't You Sign In Stranger. . .

Why do you people still come here? My god, have you no life? Yeah, me either and in the words of the immortal Ferris Bueller, "Thanks for stopping by."

Man, I can't believe I haven't posted a thing on here in over a month. I should be ashamed of myself, but I am not. Life has a way of gripping you, holding tight and rendering you more useless than a one-legged man at an ass-kicking contest; squeezing the vital nectar of your soul until you are a dried-up, abstract representation of the mighty, the once good and the nearly forgotten.

Recently, I have logged many a mile as I traveled to and from home each day on a 250-mile round trip to Natchez and back. On the bright side, it gives a thinking man like me plenty of time to ponder the great unknowns and intricacies of life, but as I sit in my office, desk-bound, trying to answer the great notions and waging climatological war with the polar bears in the front office, I realize there are many answers that I shall never know. Like, what exactly is an unorganized grabastic piece of amphibian shit? Or why did Paul ask about the mouse shadow on the second moon? Or an even greater question: Before drawing boards, what did everyone go back to? Yeah, that's what I'm sayin'!.

But then, we have realities of hard life too, replete with lunatic cop-killers, inept leadership at all levels of government, scuzzy attention whores, con-artists, vile dictators, and scurrilous events of all forms and nature. I guess it's simply life; the taking of the good with the bad in grand hopes of being able to swallow the bitterness of defeat with a dash of the sugar sweet silk of victory, however fleeting and minor those glimpses of 'the win' may be.

Ah well, we can't all change the world, can we? If we could, some things would never stay the same. Like donuts. What if someone decided donuts should be shaped like a square? Or like a rhombus? Or donuts formed like a human hand? It would be a constant battle of each person's selfish interest in our scheme to provide, and give, and nurture our ever-evolving and growing neurotic sociopathy. Hey, what the fuck did I just say there? I don't know. . .but it sounds brilliant!

I guess what I am trying to say here is that Barack Obama is a first class, spineless, wimpy, self-aggrandizing, douchebagging puss. Yes, I said all that to say that. Maybe I should remain a man of simple words and direct statements, but there comes a time in life when you have to pull your balls out and show them around, just to remind the masses that you pack a pair. Hear that Obama?

Oh, guess not.

These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting. -- Crazy Earl in Full Metal Jacket

Here some music to wash that hand-shaped donut down with. . .

Greasywrench AKA rich b  – (Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 12:21:00 PM CST)  

Oh but donuts do take the form of a human hand Toast - the Bear Claw.
Well sort of anyway.

Sign In Stanger is another one of those Steely Dan songs I've spent over thirty years trying to decypher the lyrics. There are dozens of pages dedicated to trying to figure out what Fagen and Becker are/were saying. I have always prefered to try and do it myself. Anyway, who cares. It's still great music and you can always make up your own meanings.

Burnt Toast  – (Monday, December 7, 2009 at 9:06:00 PM CST)  

Greasy, my friend Nils and I have spent many a worthless hour trying to decode Steely Dan lyrics, quite the favorite pastime. And I think only Fagan, Becker, God and the Devil know the truth.

As for those hand shaped donuts, well, there is a story behind those. There is a local donut shop called Scurlock's. Mr. Scurlock and his wife run the place. The first time I went in there I noticed that there was a donut shaped just like a human hand. Not like a bear claw mind you, but with long fingers and a palm. I thought to myself, well, that's rather peculiar, but it wasn't until Mr. Scurlock was ringing up my order that I realized one of his hands was deformed.

And with that, I realized I was dealing with a special human being. A successful entreprenuer, a bright and affable man, but more importantly, someone who won't let a "disability" get in the way of making something of himself.

Mark Scurlock is a real inspriation and I think his hand shaped donuts are his way of saying "here I am, this is what I do, this is who I am, and if you don't like it, then up yours with a hand-shaped donut."

Anonymous –   – (Thursday, December 31, 2009 at 1:23:00 AM CST)  

Ich denke, dass Sie sich irren. Ich kann die Position verteidigen. Schreiben Sie mir in PM. levitra online apotheke levitra rezeptfrei [url=http//t7-isis.org]levitra preis[/url]

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture
Herbs!

About This Blog

StatCounter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP